From eco-friendly and tech advancements to the most facepalm-worthy oven improvement in decades, see what we can’t stop talking about!
1. Customization and Personalization. I heard these two words repeatedly at the Kitchen & Bath Show. Cookie cutter design is out, and personal style is definitely in. From counters and appliances to faucets and showerheads, thebiggest trend throughout the whole show means homeowners can customize their home in every way imaginable.
2. Sustainability and American-Made Products. More than a trend, products that are recyclable, made with recycled or reclaimed materials, and made in the U.S. are becoming the norm. And it’s not just small companies pursuing these traits, all of the brands in this trend video, Wilsonart, Kohler, Bosch, GE, and Pentair, offer products that are made in America. This is one direction I’m especially excited about!
3. High-Tech Smarts. We live in a wireless world so it’s no surprise manufacturers are utilizing technology in the home to increase safety and efficiency. Companies are definitely upping their game and producing products that combine high tech with smart features to make life easier and more stylish.
4. Innovation. Chalkboard laminate surfaces, a refrigerator that works with Keurig K-Cups, and a showerhead with a wireless speaker built in were just a few of the advancements that blew me away.
5. Simplicity. While there were a lot of incredible high tech products, I also found many items that offered simple, small design changes that, while not futuristic in their looks, are the future nonetheless because they just make life easier. Sometimes a simple idea is the smartest.